Under the direction of the Future of Work Director, the Program Associate is primarily responsible for assisting with the planning and implementation of youth and community programing, provide support for local workforce initiatives, and support the efforts of the Sustainable Muncie Board.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administrative support for FOW and SMC Board
- Collaboration and communication with initiative partners and supporters
- Manage communication databases for initiative campaigns
- Support strategic vision and implementation of FOW mission
- Development of content for press releases, website updates and social media
- Support development of marketing campaigns
- Planning and implementation of initiative events and projects including hands-on, project-based after-school and out-of-school STEAM learning, adult and community instruction, evaluation, field trips, workplace field trips, community service events or service-learning projects and workshops.
- Responsible for the organization of Sustainable Muncie’s project management software and attending and keeping minutes for monthly board meetings
- Performs other duties/special projects as assigned.
This position requires the individual to:
- Have an understanding of the characteristics, needs and interests of the local community
- Be well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to work on multiple projects concurrently
- Have knowledge and understanding of community resources and collaborative partners
- Be able to assist with the planning, organization, implementation, and coordination of program and events for youth and adults
- Be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals and community organizations or agencies
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Have the ability to work independently and in teams
- Have the ability to use computer applications such as spreadsheets, word processing, calendar, e-mail and project management software
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Background or experience in human services, education, STEM programming, or related discipline preferred
- 2+ years experience working with youth development programs and/or workforce development
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, organization skills, and attention to detail
- Comfortable in an environment that embraces diversity and inclusion
- Problem-solving attitude, along with strong interpersonal and collaborative skills
This is a part-time position. Approximately 20 hours per week.
Pay Rate: $15/hour or more depending on experience
Please complete the application and attach a resume with references. Contact [email protected] with any questions.