TITLE: Property and Operations Manager – Sustainable Muncie
FUNCTION: Responsible for creating and implementing strategies to successfully grow, and support the growth of, programs in Sustainable Muncie Corp. The Property and Operations Manager will serve as Property Manager for the property and is responsible for day-to-day operational management for the Organization and its facilities, including personnel. Property and Operations Manager and will represent the Organization’s programs to a wide range of internal and external constituents that are involved in the community, the city, and in economic development activities.
REPORTS TO: The Board of Directors of the Organization
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be the primary lead on operations for the programs of the Organization, following priorities set by the Board of Directors.
- Attracts tenants by advertising vacancies, obtaining referrals from current tenants, explaining advantages of location and services, and showing units.
- Maintains building systems by contracting for maintenance services and supervising repairs.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by collecting rents, paying bills, forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective action.
- Proficient in using QuickBooks and all knowledge required to input Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable. Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends, and presents same to regularly scheduled Board of Directors meetings.
- Reaches organizational goals by accepting ownership for meeting new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Be responsible for the development and maintenance of the branding of the programs of the Organization.
- Promote the Organization’s programs throughout the community hitting all key audiences and groups while being consistent with the overall brand and vision.
- Develops, in collaboration with the Sustainable Muncie President and Treasurer, and the contracted CPA, an annual Business Operating Plan (BOP). This shall include annual goals and operating and capital budgets, for all programs. Provides same to Board for review and approval for the development of annual plans and capital budgets for the construction and funding of the Organization.
- Manage staff, conduct annual performance reviews, and recommend appropriate action/salaries.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
EDUCATION & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or equivalent of five to seven years relevant experience.
- Three year’s administrative experience in a related role.
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with community partnerships, fundraising/sponsorship, and programming.
- Knowledge of property management, commercial development, and economic development is desirable.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to take initiative, to start and complete projects, and to work independently.
SALARY: Range from $55,0000 – $60,000
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected].